Pony Club WA, Board of Directors
The role of the volunteer Board is to represent and promote the interests of members and Clubs within Western Australia at local, state and a national level. Each Director is equally responsible for the proper management, corporate governance and compliance of the Association in the best interests of our members and the Association as a whole.
- Determining, reviewing and maintaining the vision, purpose and values of the organisation.
- Approval of short and long-term strategies.
- Approval of annual budgets.
- Approval of expenditure over pre-specified limits.
- Appointment, performance evaluation and (if the circumstances necessitate) termination of the employment contract of the CEO.
- Risk oversight.
- Providing a check on the integrity of external financial and non-financial reports.
- Any additional monitoring of the activities of the organisation in order to satisfy itself that it is being properly managed.
- Supporting effective engagement with key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the adequacy of internal regulatory and policy compliance systems.
- Adopting appropriate ethical standards, codes of conduct and appropriate behaviours, and assuring that these are adhered to at all times.
- Evaluating the Boards own practice and performance and the contribution of individual directors.