Are you looking for a new challenge?
Pony Club WA are always on the look out for new members who are keen to share their passion, knowledge and expertise.
Did you spot at least one of of our very own Pony Club WA Volunteers?
Position Description – Sport Committee Volunteer
- Active Riding
- Hickstead/Hunter Trials
A Sport Committee Volunteer serves on your chosen Sport Committee for a 12 month term. The position supports the governance of the sport in accordance with Pony Club WA rules, regulations, policies and procedures and works to promote Pony Club WA’s mission.
PONY CLUB WA’S MISSION
- To promote the highest ideals of sportsmanship, citizenship and loyalty and to create strength of character, self-sport, health and well-being in the young people that participate in our activities.
- To work with our member clubs to provide instruction in riding and horsemanship and educate our members to look after and take proper care of animals.
- To encourage young people to ride and participate in all kinds of sport connected with ponies, horses and riding.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Attend committee meetings monthly either in person or via teleconferencing facilities
- Understand the rules of your chosen sport
- Be part of the decision-making process for the development and progress of your sport
- Undertake an organizational role in the State Championships associated with your chosen sport
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Each committee has a Chair, a Secretary, a treasurer and a sponsorship co-ordinator and well as general committee positions.
A variety of skills and qualifications are required in our Committee compositions. This does not always need to be based on knowledge of a sport, so interested members shouldn’t think they can’t add value to one of our committees.
Desirable knowledge and skills include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of sport rules
- Knowledge of officials development and accreditation pathways
- Event organisation
- Committee/sport governance
Above all else, communication and organisational skills are the most important along with a passion for your sport.
A term of 12 months is an expected minimum commitment. An average of 5-10 hours per month but this would increase around the time of the Championships.
Some training may be available depending on availability and demand.
As per the following table:
|Committee||Term Start Date||Nominations close|
|Active Riding||March 1st 2020||Feb 26th 2020|
|Dressage||March 1st 2020||Feb 26th 2020|
|Eventing||March 1st 2020||Feb 26th 2020|
|Hickstead / Hunter Trials||March 1st 2020||Feb 26th 2020|
|Showjumping||Oct 1st 2020||Sep 14th 2020|
|Tetrathlon||June 1st 2020||May 14th 2020|
This is a guide to the Committee Terms but Clubs and Zones can nominate members for a position on a State Sports Committee at any time of the year.
Nominated Committee members must be a current member of a club affiliated with Pony Club WA whose nomination is approved by their zone. Membership may be Associate, Adult, Coaching or Life Member but must be current for the start of the Committee Term.
Appointed members are persons who are not members of Pony Club WA and possess relevant skills and experience that will assist the Committee in carrying out its responsibilities (e.g. technical knowledge of the sport, financial expertise, committee governance experience, event management experience etc.)
All committee members must also have a current Working with Children card even if you have a parent exemption at a Club level. We can assist you with this if you do not have one.
Are you Interested?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get started.