Pony Club Australia is part of an international competition circuit that allows Australian Riders to represent Australia at International Events. These events include the InterPacific Exchange (Showjumping), International Mounted Games (Prince Philip Mounted Games), International Tetrathlon Exchange (Tetrathlon) and the International Quiz (Quiz).
Team members are required to:
- Act as ambassadors for Pony Club and Australia
- Agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and Member Protection Policy
- Cheerfully participate in all activities pre-departure and on tour
- Provide details to Pony Club Australia and the team Coach and Manager promptly when requested, such as biographical information, medical certificate, photos and uniform sizes
- Follow instructions from the team Coach and Manager at all times
- Refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol whilst on tour
Team Coach and Manager
It is a big responsibility and privilege to accompany a PCA team as a Team Manager or Coach. Responsibilities commence from the date of your appointment and conclude some time after your return, the Coach and Manager roles are awarded to Pony Club members with the requisite experience, personal attributes and skills. PCA is committed to selection based on merit, and to succession planning in these national leadership roles. A person cannot fulfil an international team role more than 3 times. Applications from across Australia are encouraged.
The Coach and Manager work as a team, to ensure that the riders/competitors have the best, safest and most successful experience possible, whilst upholding the impeccable reputation of Pony Club Australia.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Liaising with team members from the date of appointment, to build team cohesion, assist with pre-departure training plans
- Communicating with and becoming known to the parents of team members prior to departure
- Collating orders for uniforms and liaising with suppliers and PCA
- Using the network of past Coaches/Managers and PCA to ensure that all queries about the role are answered prior to departure, and that there is continuous improvement for the international team program – i.e. make suggestions for the future
- Keeping track of and returning all PCA items such as flags, bibs, helmet covers etc
- Purchasing supplies for the team if needed whilst on tour
- Posting to a dedicated Facebook page daily whilst on tour so that a record of the tour and the team’s experiences are shared with the Pony Club community
- Taking and providing to PCA a series of quality, high resolution photos suitable for print and social media, and as a historical record of the event
- Writing a formal tour report suitable for inclusion in the Annual Report
- Writing a report for the PCA board detailing issues, observations, risks and areas to be addressed in future
- Communicating directly with PCA and the team member’s parent in the case of emergency or incident (in accordance with the Emergency Management Plan). Assist the parent to make an insurance claim if needed.
PCA International Team Manager or Coach Application Form – Applications close 3rd February 2018
Riders, Coaches and Team Managers withing to attend these events apply through Pony Club Australia, all applications must be endorsed by Pony Club WA prior to submission.