Pony Club Australia is part of an international competition circuit that allows Australian Riders to represent Australia at International Events. These events include the InterPacific Exchange (Showjumping), International Mounted Games (Prince Philip Mounted Games), International Tetrathlon Exchange (Tetrathlon) and the International Quiz (Quiz).
Team members are required to:
- Act as ambassadors for Pony Club and Australia
- Agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and Member Protection Policy
- Cheerfully participate in all activities pre-departure and on tour
- Provide details to Pony Club Australia and the team Coach and Manager promptly when requested, such as biographical information, medical certificate, photos and uniform sizes
- Follow instructions from the team Coach and Manager at all times
- Refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol whilst on tour
Information on upcoming International Opportunities and how to apply is advertised through the Pony Club Post as information becomes available from PCA.
Team Coach and Manager
It is a big responsibility and privilege to accompany a PCA team as a Team Manager or Coach. Responsibilities commence from the date of your appointment and conclude some time after your return, the Coach and Manager roles are awarded to Pony Club members with the requisite experience, personal attributes and skills. PCA is committed to selection based on merit, and to succession planning in these national leadership roles. A person cannot fulfil an international team role more than 3 times. Applications from across Australia are encouraged.
The Coach and Manager work as a team, to ensure that the riders/competitors have the best, safest and most successful experience possible, whilst upholding the impeccable reputation of Pony Club Australia.
Coaches and Team Managers wishing to attend these events apply through Pony Club Australia, all applications must be endorsed by Pony Club WA prior to submission.